VREALIZE AUTOMATION EXTENSIBILITY MODULE
With the SovLabs vSphere Snapshot Management Module for vRealize Automation, organizations now have a worry-free method to keep snapshots in check and keep their users properly informed with regards to snapshot maintenance activity and policies.
|VMware vCenter||5.5x, 6.0x, 6.5x|
|VMware vRealize Automation||7.x|
|VMware vRealize Orchestrator||7.x|
|EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC)||4.x|
Entitled users can quickly create their own snapshots and restore those snapshots themselves.
Quick Start Process
Define vSphere/vRA endpoints
Define snapshot configuration
Define retention and notifications
vSphere VM snapshot policies
can be applied per vRA tenant or specific business group
snapshot retentions, schedules, and notification groups per snapshot policy
to be triggered at snapshot creation, prior to expiration and at deletion
- Snapshot scheduler can be independently managed and easily disabled and enabled for the entire tenant
- Supports creation of multiple snapshot policies as needed
- Multiple warning messages can be configured based on number of days from expiration
- Utilizes SovLabs Notification module for email-based notifications
- Notification email templates can be defined for new Snapshots (upon creation), expiration warnings, and snapshot deletion
- Notification email templates utilize the SovLabs template engine and can reference specific VM properties as well as user and snapshot/policy specific properties, e.g. days till expiration, tenant, business group, etc.
- Notifications groups can consist of any combination of static email addresses as well as VM specific emails such as VM owner, business group manager/support/user email addresses